Is there a “park” in Slatterly Park Neighborhood?
Yes there is. Slatterly Park is located at 950 11th Ave SE. It runs along Bear Creek and includes lots of activities and amenities:
- Baseball and softball
- Disc golf
- Neighborhood garden
- Paved muti-use trail
- Picnic shelter (you can rent it for parties, contact the Rochester Parks Department for reservations)
- Restrooms (seasonal)
- Sand volleyball
There are also two other parks in the immediate area:
- Swimming pool and two public playgrounds at Soldiers Field Memorial Park at the end of 9th Street SE on the other side of Broadway.
- Public playgrounds available at Riverside, Lincoln & Hawthorne Schools
What are the boundaries of Slatterly Park Neighborhood?
North: 4th Street SE
East: 15th Ave SE
South: 12th Street/Hwy 14
West: Third Ave SE
How can I learn more about neighborhood events?
The Slatterly Park Neighborhood Association (SPNA) hosts quarterly neighborhood meetings and sponsors a variety of fun, family-friendly events throughout the year. Information is shared:
- On the SPNA website: http://slatterlypark.org/
- By email: Subscribe to the neighborhood email list for updates and events: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: @SlatterlyParkNeighbors
- Nextdoor app: https://slatterlypark.nextdoor.com
Are there schools nearby?
Yes, the neighborhood includes four schools: Riverside Elementary, Lincoln at Mann Choice School, Augsburg College – Rochester (at Bethel Lutheran Church), and Hawthorne Education Center. Mayo High School, Rochester Community and Technical College and University of Minnesota – Rochester are also nearby.
Is there a health clinic I can walk to?
Yes, Olmsted Medical Center clinic is located on 9th Street SE. In addition, Mayo Clinic is located in downtown Rochester approximately one mile north.
Which are the closest grocery stores?
- Cub Foods: 1021 15th Ave SE
- Hy-Vee: 500 Crossroads Dr.
- People’s Food Coop: 519 1st Ave SW
- Rice N Spice: 810 S Broadway
- Tawkalhal International Grocery: 517 12th St SE
Where can I get a good cup of coffee?
Moka drive-through (306 12th St SE) is our neighborhood coffee joint. If you venture out of the neighborhood a little bit, you can pick up coffee at Café Steam (315 S Broadway), Panera Bread (460 Crossroads Drive SW) and at People’s Food Coop (519 1st Ave SW).
I’m hungry at 6:30 on a Tuesday night. Where can I find a quick bite?
Only have time for a drive-through? Try these places:
- Burger King (1215 Marion Rd SE)
- KFC (717 12th St SE)
- Snappy Stop (37 9th St SE)
Time to sit down or order take-out? Try:
- Brothers Bar & Grill (812 S Broadway)
- Chipotle (Crossroads Center, 1201 S Broadway)
- Dairy Queen (320 12th St SE)
- Denny’s (1226 S Broadway)
- El Carambas (1503 US-14)
- Hunan Chinese (844 S Broadway)
- Hy-Vee Market Grille (500 Crossroads Dr)
- Imperial Wok (90 14th St SW #700)
- Lucy’s Taco truck (1225 Eastgate Dr SE)
- Newt’s (1201 S Broadway)
- Nupa (412 Crossroads Dr)
- Opa Opa (1106 15th Ave SE)
- Outback (Crossroads Center, 1201 S Broadway)
- Papa Murphy’s Take ‘N’ Bake Pizza (410 Crossroads Dr)
- Pizza Hut (840 S Broadway)
- Porch and Cellar (20 4th St SE)
- Prescotts (1201 S Broadway #80)
- Zadeos Pizza (1021 15th Ave SE)
Who can I contact if I have a question or concern about the neighborhood?
- Your neighbors frequently know the answer. Try posting your question on the Slatterly Park page on Nextdoor (https://slatterlypark.nextdoor.com). We have a very active online community.
- The Slatterly Park Neighborhood Association Board is here to help when we can. Contact us at email@example.com.
- You may also feel free to reach out to our City Council Representative: Mark Bilderback firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In an emergency or urgent situation, please contact the police or 911.